At REI Systems, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. Do you want the opportunity to contribute, grow and learn every day? We’re looking to hire individuals who are enthusiastic and eager to contribute to driving results that matter whether you are developing code for a public-facing website, or ensuring that our latest deployment is bug-free.
Do you enjoy working with amazing people? If you are solution oriented, thrive in a fast paced, agile environment then come work for a company that was ranked 7th in the 2016 Washington Post Top Workplaces.
You can be a Software Developer anywhere, but at REI your code contributes to a mission. Influence the solution!
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
• Designs, codes, tests, develops, and documents application programs for computer systems.
• Works with users to define system scope and objectives.
• Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment.
• Performs in accordance with established project standards and processes.
• Breaks down software requirements and creates highly complex systems.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
• 1-5+ years of experience of Java, SQL development and common frameworks (or ability to learn quickly) with Web Service development
• Performs analysis, design, development, and implementation of new software procedures, data changes and user requests.
• Defines and performs unit tests, systems integration, and regressive tests.
• Works with multiple teams to design, develop, implement, test, and continuously improve software applications, associated databases and websites.
• Plans, sets-up, deploys, and maintains websites.
• Manages content areas through applying customizations and assigning user permissions.
• Develops software solutions for enterprise environments using JAVA, J2EE, SQL, and other technologies.
• Analyzes and implements functional requirements and designs, implements, and tests software.
• Performs operations & maintenance (O&M) of existing systems. Identifies areas for improvement and streamlining.
• Analyzes data and provides expertise in interpreting results and gathers and documents technical and functional user requirements and specifications.
• Researches, writes, and edits technical data for use in documents such as manuals, procedures, and specifications
• Performs some software analysis and design. Implements and documents source code to design specifications.
• Performs software testing including developing and running unit tests, drafting, and executing structured test cases.
• Analyzes, debugs, and corrects reported software bugs and enhancements. Updates user and software documentation.
• Participates in regular meetings, providing status on current tasks.
• Participates in peer reviews of software development artifacts
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, physics or related discipline
Master’s degree in related field highly preferred
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience