At REI Systems, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. Do you want the opportunity to contribute, grow and learn every day? Enjoy working with amazing people? Being on a team that shares your values, matches your energy and truly impact people’s lives? If you are solution oriented, thrive in a fast paced, agile environment then come work for a company that was ranked 7th in the 2016 Washington Post Top Workplaces.
You can be a Project Coordinator anywhere, but at REI you truly can make a difference. Influence the solution!
REI people rock! We're fun and diverse; we work hard and play hard. And we eat a lot, especially during the training sessions! In the Coordination team, when we see a gap, we fill it; when someone has an issue, we solve it for them; when our management team needs help, we are right there to support them. We care about our internal customers and we make sure we make a difference every day. We learn a lot and we learn fast in this ever changing and growing REI environment!
Project Coordinator plays critical role in the project working closely with the program manager, project managers, leads and team members. Will occasionally interface with external customers. Provides support in program management, schedule management, quality assurance/quality control, change management, reporting, communications, knowledge management, business processes, and adherence to standard processes and operating procedures. Needs to be results-oriented and able to multitask.
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
As a Project Coordinator your reponsibilities will be:
Willing to perform a wide array of activities ranging from administrative support, through coordination to basic management.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail, quality and professionalism
• Ability to work well in team environments of varying composition, personalities, roles and responsibilities
• Professional etiquette and ability to interact with professionals and executives in both industry and government
• Exceptional oral, presentation and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
• Punctual, consistent and able to meet deliverable deadlines
• Problem solver with strong ability to work alone in areas of core competence with minimal guidance
• Willingness to share information, train and be trained, mentor and be mentored with executives, peers and subordinates
• Experience in MS Office Suite (specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint) and ability to master similar productivity tools. Experience in MS Excel reporting and tables.
• Experience with knowledge management and collaboration portals, such as SharePoint, Wiki desired
• Experience in CMMI a plus
A bachelor's degree in business, Information Technology, communication, or related discipline.
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience