At REI Systems, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. Do you want the opportunity to contribute, grow and learn every day? We’re looking to hire individuals who are enthusiastic and eager to contribute to driving results that matter whether you are developing code for a public-facing website, or ensuring that our latest deployment is bug-free.
Do you enjoy working with amazing people? If you are solution oriented, thrive in a fast paced, agile environment then come work for a company that was ranked 7th in the 2016 Washington Post Top Workplaces.
You can be a Software Developer anywhere, but at REI your code contributes to a mission. Influence the solution!
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
• Deployment Support including: deploying code, static files, and/or databases by request to the staging environment, and syncing static files and databases among environments.
• Looking for a great all-around junior-level developer that is capable of managing the pressure of maintaining production systems.
• Ability to pass a Government Public Trust Clearance
• Good customer facing skills
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
• Experience with Databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
• Experience writing simple shell scripts (UNIX/Linux)
• Experience building websites using JS frameworks such as Angular, React is a plus
• Independence, willingness to learn and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges
• Ability to communicate and work well with others
• Willing to learn new technologies and contribute as needed
• Experience in test automation tools is a plus
• Experience in CKAN is a plus
• Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
• Familiarity to automated deployment tools such as Jenkins
• Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git/Github
• Familiarity in Python based framework such as Flask, Django
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience enhancing the performance of high-traffic sites
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience