At REI Systems, we deliver solutions that make a difference and empower people. We are a 3-time Washington Post Top Workplace winner, placing on the 2018 list for fostering our fun and caring environment. REI Systems is looking for a great all-around Jr. Java Developer who is eager and passionate about open source web technologies.
Are you hungry for knowledge? Are you eager, willing, and able to learn new tools and techniques that will make a significant impact? This is just not a coding job or just developing a software, it’s about incubating innovation as a habit! Indeed, joining our team is not just a job, but a journey with a team of empowered and talented teammates who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference. Join us for the ride and put your skills and knowledge into a future of excellence!
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
• Designs, codes, tests, develops, and documents application programs for computer systems.
• Works with users to define system scope and objectives.
• Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment.
• Performs in accordance with established project standards and processes.
• Breaks down software requirements and creates highly complex systems.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
• 1+ years of experience of Java, SQL development and common frameworks (or ability to learn quickly) with Web Service development
• Performs analysis, design, development, and implementation of new software procedures, data changes and user requests.
• Defines and performs unit tests, systems integration, and regressive tests.
• Works with multiple teams to design, develop, implement, test, and continuously improve software applications, associated databases and websites.
• Plans, sets-up, deploys, and maintains websites.
• Manages content areas through applying customizations and assigning user permissions.
• Develops software solutions for enterprise environments using JAVA, J2EE, SQL, and other technologies.
• Analyzes and implements functional requirements and designs, implements, and tests software.
• Performs operations & maintenance (O&M) of existing systems. Identifies areas for improvement and streamlining.
• Analyzes data and provides expertise in interpreting results and gathers and documents technical and functional user requirements and specifications.
• Researches, writes, and edits technical data for use in documents such as manuals, procedures, and specifications
• Performs some software analysis and design. Implements and documents source code to design specifications.
• Performs software testing including developing and running unit tests, drafting, and executing structured test cases.
• Analyzes, debugs, and corrects reported software bugs and enhancements. Updates user and software documentation.
• Participates in regular meetings, providing status on current tasks.
• Participates in peer reviews of software development artifacts
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, physics or related discipline
Master’s degree in related field highly preferred
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience