As a Senior Data Analyst, you will:
- Prepare user centric visualizations and dashboards using Tableau and other BI tools (e.g., Power BI)
- Write complex SQL series to extract data and stream it from transaction system to DataMart and feed into Dashboards.
- Perform advanced analytics, data and model validation, and quality assurance while working as full-time on-site staff at the customer or employer facility.
- Research, assess, and report the analytic impact of the customers’ business processes, data dependencies, or standards implementation across various internal customer systems.
- Extract, synthesize, and analyze data from internal customer systems to provide data management design and development recommendations.
- Champion the use of, recommend, lead knowledge sharing sessions, or train in advanced analytics best practices and integration to improve customer data literacy.
- Create or revise metrics to assess program, project, data use, or data flow effectiveness.
- Research data to identify and provide root cause analysis reports of prioritized issues; provide data or business rules guidance to correct data quality issues; or make recommendations to improve performance or use of data.
- Develop procedures and automated workflows to import/export data and integrate analytics or related process improvements per oversight, technical, and business specifications.
- Work closely with stakeholders to clarify business requests, understand database relationships, extract data, conduct and validate analysis, obtain customer feedback, and present preliminary or final results appropriate for the intended audience.
- Assess the feasibility of and prioritize business requests, communicating status and risk with the project manager on a routine schedule.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications into technical specifications for each analytic workflow step, including an estimated level of effort, projecting hours to complete the request, designating milestones and due dates within project timeframes and meeting those as appropriate.
- Write and maintain clear and concise documentation within approved documentation repositories allowing stakeholders to understand goals, operational steps, data dictionaries and business glossaries, data flows, or preservation plans, as applicable.
- Perform quality assurance or peer review for junior team members or technical teams, as needed.
Other similar professional duties may be assigned as needed.
- 5+ years of professional and proven experience in a related role.
- 5+ years of experience working with databases like SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience building DataMarts using data streaming or ETL processes.
- Demonstrated customer focus, initiative, and problem-solving for each analytic workflow step.
- Expertise in conducting and driving adoption and integration of basic to advanced data analytics: descriptive, diagnostic, predictive (natural language processing, data and text mining, pattern matching, cluster analysis, sentiment analysis, etc.).
- Proficiency in MS SharePoint (data import/export, integration) and Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, other advanced functions).
- Expertise using R or Python AND SQL to query, synthesize, and analyze data with integration and data use adoption in other tools or applications (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, SharePoint).
- Proficiency with facilitating or presenting, to include knowledge sharing sessions.
- Practical experience using advanced analytics to optimize one or more of the following areas is strongly preferred: data domains; data ownership or stewardship; metadata management; master data management; business processes; data quality; data architecture, data access.
- Knowledge of how best to visually display advanced analytics (data and text mining, pattern matching, natural language processing, cluster analysis, sentiment analysis, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in data science (i.e., exploratory process to discover unknown patterns and correlations or identify questions/scope) is preferred
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Statistics, Healthcare Analytics or related field is required.
Location: This will be onsite at HRSA. Proof of vaccination is required per the federal mandate
Covid Policy Disclosure: Should the essential functions of this position require that the employee performing this role work on-site at REI’s Sterling location the following requirements will apply: the individual holding this position must be fully vaccinated, as defined in CDC guidance, as a condition of continued employment. REI will consider requests to be excused from this policy whenever necessary to comply with legal requirements and will consider any requests for reasonable accommodations due to a disability, religion, or other exemptions on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. Employees and applicants requesting accommodations should request the accommodation in writing and should explain in detail the reasons why they are seeking an accommodation. REI will request additional information or documentation it deems necessary to inform its decision on an employee’s or applicant’s accommodation request.
REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)